Thursday, September 12, 2013

Bento Thursday - Rockets!


K is back in school and today was the first bento day since before summer break. Yesterday K and I talked about what he wanted - a rocket. During break he primarily ate ham and cheese sandwiches for lunch and it seems he wasn't about to stop that. So, a ham and cheese rocket sandwich it was!! He also requested carrots, corn, and a mini hot dog/sausage. I also snuck in a few cookies, but more about those tomorrow.


I don't remember if I have mentioned it on here, but I try to make Y a bento twice a week - once on Thursday and once on some other day where I have saved up a good amount of leftovers to throw together his lunch. This week, this happened on Tuesday. I made Y a bento of teriyaki chicken, Japanese omelet, pumpkin salad, komatsuna (similar to spinach) with tofu, and a salmon heart on rice. Cute, right?! I thought this bento would be the one I would show you in today's post because it has a bit of a cute element to it.


But, this morning, I decided to make Y his own version of a rocket bento! For this bento, I put in some niku-jaga (boiled beef with potatoes, onions and carrots), green pepper with konbu, corn, and scrambled egg and ginger and soy sauce seasoned ground beef over rice.

 
The rocket bentos are totally different given that one is sandwich and one is rice-based, but I think they both look pretty cute. K came home from school and was all stoked that he ate his entire bento! Wahooooo... 

No comments:

Post a Comment