Thursday, December 13, 2012

Sweetest Package to Date - Part 4


Going along with Parts 2 and 3 of the package I sent to my friend for her baby girl are a pair of boots. With a cape to keep her body warm and a hat and scarf to keep her head and neck warm, she certainly needed something to keep those tiny toes warm.

These boots were actually the last thing for me to make (although the final post about the package will be tomorrow featuring two other tiny creations) because honestly, while I thought they were adorable, I also thought they were going to be a huge pain to make. I always save the most complicated for last. Because they were the last things to make and I was rushing so I could send off the package, I forgot to take photos along the way. You'll just have to trust that I actually did make these ;)

I found the pattern through Etsy at a shop called Two Girls Patterns. They have some of the cutest crochet patterns I think I have ever seen. If you are looking for some patterns for cute booties or slippers (adult sizes too!!), definitely check this shop out.

For as much of a pain as I envisioned these booties being, they really weren't that bad, although it did take me a while to work out the loopy stitch situation. I also found it a bit of a challenge at the beginning to make the loops even. The second boot definitely came out better than the first.


I thought a black sole would looke quite cute and more like an actual shoe than doing the whole thing in light blue, so I started there and then worked my way up the boot. The final bit is to add the buttons up the outside. After I got about halfway through the second shoe, I realized that the button area was not perfectly symmetrical. One is a bit closer to the toe than the other. I was a bit bummed, but there was no way I was going to start all over. That sounded like hell. Also, I wasn't super confident that I would get it right the second time around, so I just sent them off as is. Not perfect, but still cute.

2 comments:

  1. Not perfect? They are simply ADORABLE! What other baby has these designer booties, I ask?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely thing to say! Thank you so much. They certainly are one of a kind - good point ;)

      Delete