Monday, December 10, 2012

Sweetest Package to Date - Part 1


As I mentioned last week, my very first friend in this whole world recently had a baby girl. I whipped up a whole bunch of adorable things for the little cutie, but it is way too much to put into one post.

Today's post will focus on the most boring aspects of the package: cookies and burp cloths. Don't get me wrong, I love cookies and I love the burp cloths that I made, it's just that neither of these things compare with the rest of the contents in the box.

I wanted to make some sort of pink cookie and at first I thought I'd settle on sugar cookies. But, I'll hopefully get around to making some Christmas sugar cookies at some point, so decided I'd go with something else. I settled on thumbprint cookies with pink ombré frosting.



I started with a Martha Stewart recipe and followed it exactly. The only problem I had was in chopping the pecans fine enough. First I tried my food processor, but it didn't really work. Then I put them in a bag and smashed with a rolling pin. Finally I busted out a knife and got to chopping. At some point, I just gave up knowing that there were still some (slightly big) pecan chunks in there. Oh well.


After they were cooled, I made the frosting up and put in the tiniest drop of pink food coloring.


I filled a few of the cookies, added some more coloring, filled some more, added some more, filled some more a few times.


I think they ended up quite cute. I don't know how much of an ombré effect there was when they were all just put into a box, but pink cookies are always a winner in my book. The cookie itself was hardly sweet at all, so the frosting gave it a much needed punch of sugar.


If you saw my post about burp cloths weeks back, you may remember that I made six of them, but only gave away two. This new mom's house is where the other four were sent off too.


As I was packing the box, these were some of the last things to go in. I figured if they didn't fit, I could always keep two for myself. They all fit.


Probably for the best. I have a whole stack of towels to choose from at this point and I can always make up a few more!!

That's it for today's post. As above, I know these aren't the most exciting items. I promise the rest of my posts this week will be much cuter.

No comments:

Post a Comment