Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Toy Story Alien Hat

 
One of K's best friends turned three on Monday. The little boy loves Toy Story - his favorite character is Buzz Lightyear; in fact he was the cutest little Buzz you would ever see for Halloween. The mom is one of my best friends and is amazing at sewing. Just as for this little guy's older sister, I knew I didn't want to sew something, so I decided I would crochet him a hat.
 
I scoured etsy looking for cute hats for him when the idea of a Toy Story themed hat popped into my head. While there were a few patterns, including a Buzz, I fell in love with this alien hat. I think it is so cute, yet totally goofy.
 
The pattern was pretty good, but the shape of the hat, in my opinion, isn't as good as it could be. Mine ended up being a little tall, which makes the antenna on top a bit odd. Anyway, I started with the hat.
 
 
Next up was the antenna. It started with a little ball stuffed with filling.
 
 
Then was the bit that holds it up. After making it, I found it drooped a bit.
 

 
The instructions say you may want to put a pipe cleaner in to make it stand a bit straighter, so I did...
 
 
and it worked perfectly!
 

 
The next step was to make the ears and eyes.
 

 
Finally, I just had to sew them all on to the hat and it was done!
 
 
I kind of reget not putting the ears more on the side of the hat, but I think it turned out quite cute. We saw the birthday boy yesterday, so I gave him his hat. His mom liked it, but he wouldn't really have much of it. He's usually okay with hats, but not this one...maybe it's because we were nice and toasty inside? Maybe he just has to get used to it first? I don't know, but I hope that he ends up liking it at some point.
 
Happy third birthday, Yuuto!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment