Monday, February 20, 2012

Car Cookies





We had one of K's friend's come over this afternoon, so I wanted to bake up a treat for the kiddies (and mamas) to snack on. The challenge is that the friend is allergic to eggs. Since I'd just made shortbread last week, I wanted to do something different. Hmmm...

When K was just a little guy, I used to bake up these delicious little sesame cookies for him to munch. I hadn't made them in ages, but since they are eggless and simple to make, I figured I'd whip them up while K was napping and before the friend arrived.

I found this recipe in a Japanese kid's cooking magazine. The recipes are easy enough for kids to make, which means just a matter of minutes for a mom.

Whisk together 100g of flour, 20g of ground sesame seeds, and a pinch of salt. Using a plastic spatula, mix in 2 tablespoons of each vegetable oil and maple syrup. Roll the dough out to 4mm thick (mine are actually 6mm, but it's all good), cut and bake at 170C for 20 minutes.

They are totally baby/egg allergy friendly and super delicious to boot!!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment