Monday, January 30, 2012

Mmmm...bacon




I am a huge fan of bacon. I love it. It's just so delicious.

While bread is not a traditional food 'round these parts, Japan certainly does not shy away from bakeries. They are all over the place. You quickly find which bakeries are better than others and which breads are amazing (cherry blossom bread), weird (curry bread) and for the adventurous (potato and fish egg bread).

When I used to frequent bakeries (way back when I was working outside the house), the bacon bread was a favorite. I hadn't had it in ages and it was calling me from the pages of my trusty bread cookbook. The bacon vine did not disappoint.

The base is a French Bread, so the outside is a bit on the crunchy side while the inside is soft and (obviously) filled with bacon. It's amazing.

Y seemed pleased with the results as well! Maybe K will share our love of bacon one day. For now, however, I won't hold my breath. Instead I'll busy my mouth with eating more bread.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment