Thursday, January 30, 2014

Bento Thursday - Just a Triangle




It was bento day again today - wahoo!! K requested the same lunch as last week, but instead of carrots he wanted green peppers. I asked him if he wanted me to make him an animal for his onigiri. Apparently remembering the bear/cat disaster of last week, he looked at me and said, "uhhh, no mama. I'll just have a triangle." Has he lost confidence in my onigiri-making skills!!?? Oh no!!! At first I was a little sad, but then I realized that really, a triangle is way easier and takes about 30 seconds to make - good news because that's about 1 extra minute I get to spend in bed before waking up to deal with lunches.

Y's lunch consisted of carrots with tofu, green peppers with sesame seeds, cucumbers with furikake, green peppers cooked in dashi (fish stock), ground beef, potato and cabbage croquette, and white rice. Yum yum!!

No comments:

Post a Comment