Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Meringue Bones


Last week I wrote about some dog cupcakes that I had made for a party. As K and I were also invited to the party, I wanted to bring something else along. I thought little bone-shaped meringues would be adorable, delicious and such a sweet complement to the dog cupcakes.


A while back I made mint and lemon meringues, but I decided to use an older recipe that I quite like. I omitted the chocolate chips and of course the strawberry topping, but other than that followed the recipe.


I mixed and mixed. I am always worried that the meringue won't puff up, but it always does. It just takes a while sometimes.


Once it was ready, I put the meringue in a piping bag with a big tip and piped out little bones. It took a couple of tries to get a good shape, but once I worked it out they turned out quite well. I started with a little 'u' and then worked my way down and bit and finished with a little 'n', if that makes any sense.


I took them to the party and they looked so cute next to the cupcakes. Unfortunately with all the cooking and people in my friend's house, they got a little sticky. People still ate them, however, and in the end, I think they were more for looks!


The hostess of the party also bought a Nana-chan (the dog's name) cake from a bakery. It was adorable! All three of the desserts together looked so sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment