Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Sesame Bread


Last Thursday, I made cinnamon rolls for K's friends who came over to play. I'd mentioned in that post that we first had lunch at our house. As is usual, the hostess as well as the two other moms all make part of the lunch and then we have a nice, big feast. For lunch I made a cheesy potato soup and sesame rolls.

For the rolls, I started with a standard butter roll dough and then added a good amount of ground white sesame to the mix.


Once the dough was finished, I formed 12 little balls and let them rise. They got nice and fluffy during the rising time - yahoo!


Before popping them in the oven to bake, I put an egg wash over the top and sprinkled with whole sesame seeds.


They smelled delicious coming out of the oven. K has a particular affinity for sesame seeds, so I figured they'd be a hit with him. To my dismay he ended up only taking bites off of the top. What a stinker.

Everyone at lunch seemed to enjoy them, but I enjoyed them much more the following day when I made an avocado sandwich with one. I've had few cravings this pregnancy, but as of late I've really needed avocado with salt. I put it on a slice of white bread, a tortilla, by itself, or in a sesame roll.


I can't get enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment