Friday, March 9, 2012

Fully Stocked Freezer








K and I leave for the US in just a few days. I'm so excited, but one thing has been stressing me out a bit - Y's food.

Y usually gets home from work quite late and both the grocery store and the ONE restaurant in the area are well closed. There are a few places near his office, but I really don't want him eating in restaurants for a month. As I mentioned in a previous post, I planned on making Y dinners for while we are gone.

Over the past 11 days, I have been cooking up a storm and as of tonight, there are officially 24 full dinners in the freezer.

There are 24 mains, 6 options (an even 4 of each) and 48 sides, 20 options (either 2 or 4 of each). There are also 25 breads, 5 different types for his work snacks. Each portion is wrapped up and then set in labeled ziplock freezer bags. It took ages to make all the food and then to weigh out each separate portion, but it's all done.




All Y has to do is move one main and two sides to the fridge either the night before or in the morning, then come home from work and pop the food into bowls and then in the microwave. He's money!

I ordered some frozen yaki-onigiri and chicken wings that can be warmed up in the microwave in case he's still a bit hungry after dinner or needs a late-night snack.




Now that I'm over that hurdle, it's time to get packing! See ya soon, Mommy!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment