Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Chocolate and Vanilla Cupcakes




For Christmas my mom sent me a little cupcake making contraption that make the core of cupcakes a different color from the outside of the cupcakes, essentially creating vertical layers in a cupcake. A few weeks ago two of my good friends came over and I wanted to make us a treat. I figured I would try out the little contraption.

K and I got to work preparing the batter. I wanted to use my standard chocolate and vanilla cake recipes, so it took a bit of preparation.


Once all of the ingredients were ready, we got to mixing.


Then using the little cupcake core contraption, we put the batters into the tins. For whatever reason, it seemed easier to put the vanilla in the middle and the chocolate outside, so that is what we did. While they were baking, we made my standard Oreo cream cheese frosting.


Once the cupcakes were cooled, we frosted them and were ready to take a bite and see the perfect vertical layers of batter.


Unfortunately, the vertical layers didn't work and for the most part, we ended up with horizontal layers. They were still delicious, but not as aesthetically pleasing as I was hoping for. I'm not sure if the cupcake contraption didn't work because the batter wasn't the same (vanilla with half of it dyed) or if it simply doesn't work as well as intended. Once we move, I will have to give it another go!

No comments:

Post a Comment