Friday, December 6, 2013

Monster Cookies...kind of




K woke up on Monday morning and told me he wanted chocolate chip cookies. "We don't have any cookies, bud. Sorry." "No mama! I want some chocolate chip cookies." "I heard you the first time. But, we don't have any cookies." This went on for some time and he got whinier and whinier until I finally broke down. "Look, dude, I'm not joking. We don't have any cookies. If you can find some, you can have them." He took off to the kitchen. I heard him rummaging around and then I heard the refrigerator door open. The flour and chocolate chips were sitting on the floor. "Uhhh, what are you doing?" "You said we don't have any cookies, so I decided that I would just make them. Can you get my stool? I can't reach the eggs." So that's what we did on Monday morning. We made cookies.

I thought he would be super stoked if we made monster cookies with M&Ms AND chocolate chips, but he insisted on chocolate chips only. Apparently he really did just want chocolate chip cookies. I convinced him that we should put dried cranberries in too. It took some work, but he finally caved.


When it got time to add the oats, however, I realized that we were about 3/4 of a cup short. Gaaa!! I added 3/4 of a cup of flour and it turned out just fine, although I am pretty sure with the lack of M&Ms, plus the addition of flour, these aren't really monster cookies. As a quick note, we only made half of the recipe - I really don't need that many cookies sitting around here.


K got bored and once they were mixed he was over it. He kept asking for the cookies, but I told him we had to bake them first.


Soon enough, they were baked and slightly cooled, and he dove right in.

No comments:

Post a Comment