Thursday, August 30, 2012

Homemade Fudgesicles





Fudgesicles. Chalk them up on the list of things I can't get in Japan. They are so delicious, and yet when I am at my parents' I always forget to get some.

As I mentioned earlier in the week, it's hotter than the bejesuses here and although I want to eat a cookie, I just can't do anything that will make me even hotter. Fudgesicles it is!!

I looked online for a recipe and found one on Smitten Kitchen. Given that I generally like the stuff I find on there, I decided to give it a look.

Much like her I was a bit concerned with the lack of chocolate in the recipe, but I trusted her and am super thankful for that!




I followed the recipe except I used dark chocolate and dark cocoa powder. It's all I had on hand and I like it more than milk chocolate on occasion. You can hardly see how much chocolate there is, seriously it's a very small amount - 21 grams.





Melting it did nothing for my doubts, in fact I'm pretty sure that made them worse. After adding a the other ingredients, I was starting to feel a bit better about the situation since it looked and smelled phenomenal.




While I was letting it cool a bit before putting it into the molds, I couldn't resist taking a taste.




It didn't stop there. Yikes!!! This stuff is amazing!!!

I poured it into my molds, but it wasn't enough to fill them to the top.




I'm not sure the cause of this -- shoddy pouring? Big molds? Too much tasting? I'm guessing the latter, but the jury is out until I do round two, which will likely be soon.

As a result, the stick didn't go all the way into the Popsicle and then separated when I tried to take them out.




It was a bit of a pain to have to dig my fudgesicle out as if it were some buried treasure, but it totally worked and I'm sure the taste was unchanged.




Seriously, these are delicious. Amazing, really. I may or may not have just eaten the others straight out of the mold. Screw the bowl and proper eating etiquette. I can't wait to eat them again!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment