Monday, July 1, 2013

One-Trick Pony




I fear this pregnancy and my lack of clothing is turning me into a bit of a one-trick pony. Here is (yet another) maternity t-shirt. I actually made this one (and took the photos) a while ago, but kept forgetting to have Y take a photo or two of me in it. I wore it maybe three times and this last time, while washing it, a dark brown pair of pants bled onto the white fabric and it is now unwearable. I am a tad bummed. Does anyone have any tips to get the tan out? I soaked it for days in Dawn dish soap, but I am a bit at a loss. I would just bleach it, but the back is patterned and then that will be ruined. Gaaaa...

Anyway, since I wanted the front to be white and I had some spare white jersey laying about, I just used that. It was a bit thin, so I cut two layers for the front and sleeves and basted them together.


When basting I used a stretch stitch so that the seams wouldn't rip. This meant, however, that I skipped over the segment to be ruched. Then I went back and ruched it up. It was a bit of a process, but it worked!


As per usual, the shirt was a breeze to whip up. The one minor issue that I keep forgetting to write about when posting about this shirt is the fact that I find the sleeves too long before sewing. It is very possible that I cut out a different size sleeve, but to be honest it doesn't bother me much and I am a bit too lazy to open up the pattern again and check. As a result, I gathered the very top of the sleeve to give it a tiny bit of a puffed look at the top. I figured the puffiness added to the femininity of the shirt, which would look cute with the flowered back.

 
Seriously, I really want to wear this again...any suggestions regarding the staining issue? Also, I only have about 5 weeks before we get to meet this little one. I am so super excited!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment