Friday, May 24, 2013

7 Months In and I Need New Clothes




I am 28 weeks pregnant today and I am already bored of my maternity clothes. Since K was born in April, I didn't have many summer items going into this pregnancy. My lovely mom and my best friend from home each sent me a few items which have been wonderful, but I am on like month two of wearing the same four items. It was time for some new clothes.

A while back I bought a Megan Nielson pattern so I could make this dress. I figured I might as well throw in a pattern for a t-shirt as well - one can never have too many t-shirts. I had extra brown fabric from the dress I made a while back, but I didn't want the shirt to just be a brown t-shirt - kind of boring, I thought. I decided I wanted the back to be lace, but also did not like the idea of having it bare under the lace. As my solution, I started by cutting out a piece of brown jersey, as well as stretch lace for the back and sewing them together.


I was expecting the lace to strech a lot more than it did. It really wasn't too difficult to deal with at all.


After cutting out the front, I ruched it up the sides and then pinned it to the back like crazy. Once that was sewed up, I tried it on to make sure it actually fit. It did and I was so super stoked! The final step was to add the sleeves and then deal with the raw edges.


This shirt was super fast to work up. I love projects like that! In fact, these photos are taken from last Friday when I had to go on a field trip with K. I had nothing to wear and decided two nights before the trip that it was time to make the shirt. The first night I prepped the pattern and cut out the fabric. The second night was sewing it all together. I don't think it took more than an hour and a half to sew. I love the fit and can't wait to make another one!


As a note, I am not much one for selfies, but I almost never wear my hair down and am almost always wearing my glasses. Because of the field trip, I did it up a bit so I decided to just take the photos when we got home and use these in this post. Y offered to take new photos the next day, but I was already showered, hair up, contacts out, i.e. not as cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment