Friday, May 3, 2013

Bunny and Strawberry Bookmark




Sorry for the lame blogging this week - Y is in the middle of 10 days of holidays and I am doing lots and lots to prepare for K's third birthday party. Last year we threw a Thomas party and it turned out really well. This year will be a Shinkansen (bullet train) party and I have been putting off the preparation for weeks. It's now go-time!

Back to today's post, as I have written about many times at this point, I recieved a request from my youngest English student - a bookmark with a bunny and a strawberry on it. I really had no idea what she was talking about. I asked her if she wanted to draw it to show me what she wanted it to look like, but she politely declined, "anything is fine...just make sure it has a bunny and a strawberry on it." Fabulous.

I started by looking up bunny clip art to find a cute bunny shape to model the bunny off of. I found a very sassy looking bunny, and thought it would be really cute. Looking at the clip art, I sketched out the bunny on felt and cut it up. I just kind of free-handed the strawberry.


The first thing I did was sew on the bunny face as well as the details.


Next I added the strawberry, with a few seeds so it was obviously a strawberry - as requested.

 
I don't know why I didn't take a photo of the final product before giving it to her - you'll just have to either use your imagination or flip back up to the top of the post to see the finished bookmark. To finish it up, however, I sewed a back onto the bookmark to help cover up all of my stitches. Then, because I felt something was missing, I added a little pompom/bow to the top corner. I think that the pompom/bow makes the bookmark. The little girl was stoked on it, so I guess that is what she was hoping for when she requested "a bookmark with a bunny and a strawberry on it."

No comments:

Post a Comment