Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Fish + Bread = Awesome





I have been debating all week whether to write about this bread or not. Quite honestly, I thought it sounded foul; turns out, however, it is delicious! How did it ever strike me to make something that (to me) sounds so awful? Because I'm trying to be a better person.

Here's a typical conversation between Y and me:
A: Hey babe, what do you want for dinner?
Y: Hmmm...curry.
A: Really? *said in a disgusted tone*

I hate that I do this and I'm trying to stop. If I didn't want to have Y's input, then I shouldn't have asked him.

As a result, this was our conversation last Saturday:
A: Ah! Can you look at the bread book to see what you want for snacks this week?
Y: Sure...this one!
A: Salmon and spring onion rice bread? Ok!!

So I made it. As it was baking, the smells coming from the bread maker were amazing. As soon as it was done, I had to try a bit. It tasted as good as it smelled. I made it from regular and rice flour, grilled then flaked salmon and chopped spring onion. Seriously, it's awesome.

I'd seen that bread in the book many times, but it always freaked me out. Another one that always catches my attention is the black sesame and tofu bread.

While I love both black sesame and tofu, I just couldn't quite imagine them in bread. With my confidence high thanks to the salmon bread, I decided to give it a go.





It, too, is delicious. Even K likes it - this is no small feat! It doesn't even have rice involved and it's still a winner in his book. Wahooooo!!!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment