Monday, April 23, 2012

Party Prep 2 - Red and Blue Oatmeal Cookies





The countdown for K's 2nd birthday party is officially on! In just a few days, I have to pull all of my ideas together and crank out a Thomas party for 20.

As I mentioned before, this Thomas party is going to have a lot of red and blue, as colors seem to be quite easy to focus on as a part of the theme. Going along with this, I decided to take a spin on the classic Oatmeal Raisin cookie and make mine Oatmeal, Cranberry and Blueberry cookies.





You can't really see the red and blue too clearly, but they are quite tasty nonetheless. I used this recipe, but I left out the walnuts and substituted about 1/2 cup each dried cranberries and blueberries for the 3/4 cup of raisins. I figured a bit more color couldn't hurt. Also, the recipe recommends chilling the dough, but I didn't do this (I've got heaps to do!!) and they are still nice and plump. The recipe is quite simple and delicious.

And I like that you can basically justify eating them for breakfast. It's just oatmeal with dried fruits, right?!? I'll have to make another batch after the party so I can munch a few more (for breakfast).

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment